Mother’s Day: 10 ways to Connect and Grow Closer to your Mom
Mothers and daughters have a unique relationship bonding over the years. As teenagers, we attempt to be different. Then we become adults and realize we are raising our daughters. It gives us a greater appreciation for mom.
As women, we own “guilt” It is passed down from generation to generation by our mothers!
Mothers teach their daughters how to become women and the value of virtue in their lives.
Do something special with your mom, as we honor them Mother’s Day.
- Find a picture of you and your mom and frame it for her on Mother’s Day.
- Take her shopping. Take her advice on an outfit and wear it, just for her, on Mother’s Day! She will remember.
- Ask her to tell you about her mother and when she was growing up and let her share the memories and pictures!
- Let her share, pictures of you, yes, even the ones you want to hide.
- Ask her advice and listen to it, even if you have already decided what you are going to do.
- Let her do something special for you and then remember it and do the same for her on Mothers’ Day!
- Prepare dinner in her house that’s her domain.
- Spend the afternoon with her with no interruptions; turn off the cell phone. This also means no reading, watching TV or looking at magazines. Just spend quality time with her!
- Invite, her mother, her sisters, her friends to spend an afternoon getting to know them – just the girls.
- And last, yet most importantly, hug her, kiss her and tell her you love her!